ABSTRACT DEADLINE: EXTENDED UNTIL 20TH MAY 2018
FULL ARTICLE DEADLINE: 10TH AUGUST 2018
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ARTICLE SUBMISSION
A) Coordinated Table Session: space for the presentation of articles concerning concluded research/studies, essays, reviews and thesis. In the Coordinated Table each participant will have 20 minutes to present, with a debate at the end of presentations. The Coordinated Table Session should be proposed considering the following indicators:
• Composed by 3 or 4 researchers who have completed their PhDs;
• There should be at least one presenter from a different country among the members of the table;
• The Table proposal must be submitted by a coordinator that will send the title and the syllabus of the Coordinated Table, and the 3 or 4 abstracts (according to the general rules and deadlines) of each presenter;
• Each presenter must register in the Symposium and be responsible for the costs of their participation in the event, including registration fee;
• After the approval of the Coordinated Table, all participants must send the full text, according to the general rules and deadlines.
Obs. After receiving all submissions for oral communications, the Organising committee and the Scientific Commission of the event can also propose Coordinated Tables based on thematic similarities. Therefore, authors who submitted abstracts without being part of a proposed Coordinated Table can also be included in the Coordinated Tables formed by the Commissions.
B) Oral Communication Session: space for the presentation of articles referring to either concluded or ongoing research/studies, essays, reviews, thesis and dissertations. During the Oral Communication, each participant will have fifteen (15) minutes to present, with a debate at the end of presentations. The registration of proposals for Communication will be done through an abstract, according to the general rules and deadlines. After approval, all presenters must send the full text and register according to the general norms.
C) Workshop Session: space for the presentation of articles referring to the work of PhD, Masters and undergraduate students (scientific initiation), with a Prof. or Dr. that will comment/debate the text based on prior reading. The Workshop Sessions will occur simultaneously and each participant will have fifteen (15) minutes to present and fifteen (15) minutes to debate, with free public access.
D) Book Launch Session: Authors interested in the presentation of their recently published works (last 3 years or not previously presented in previous SIPCs), should send an email to the Organising Commission (email@example.com) requesting participation in the Book Launch Session.
Obs. Each participant should indicate one option for the presentation of their article (Oral Communication, Workshop, Coordinated Table). The Scientific Commission is responsible for analysing and, when appropriate, suggest another format of presentation, including, in the case of oral communication, indication to Tables.
• The submitted proposals should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• In the Annals of the 17th Symposium and in the website of the Research Group on Civilising Processes will only be published those works which are complete and effectively presented at the event.
• Regardless of the Session format, each participant can send a maximum of one (1) article as main author and two (2) in co-authorship. Articles with more than three (3) authors will not be accepted under any circumstances.
• The proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria: adequacy to the theme of the Symposium, argumentative consistency, dialogue with the literature, appropriate language and format.
FORMAT (Coordinated Table, Oral Communication and Workshop)
• Languages: Texts will be accepted in Portuguese, Spanish and English.
• Abstract Format: The title should be in bold and in capital letters. Name(s) of the author(s), institution, title and email. It should have a minimum of 350 and maximum of 500 words, excluding bibliographical references. Single spacing, font type Times New Roman, size 12, normal paragraph without indents (“tab” key), justified. Following, three (3) key words should be indicated, and they must be separated by a period between each one of them. Send the proposal to: email@example.com
• Full Text Format: To participate in the event, all authors with accepted abstracts must send the full text to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Obs. The general norms for sending the full text will only be published after the approval of the submitted abstracts.
The Organising Committee and the Scientific Commission do not take responsibility for eventual problems of any nature, including the presence of viruses, that make it impossible to open the files. The event does not take responsibility for the opinions, statements or questions made by the authors.
17th International Symposium on Civilising Processes - All rights reserved